September 22, 2010 03:03PM
Where did our thread go? Am I just missing it?

September 22, 2010 03:31PM
weird i don't see it either..

*had nothing to do with this*

---------------

September 22, 2010 09:33PM
WTF!?

no idea!

September 23, 2010 07:25AM
Hold me.
September 24, 2010 12:18PM
LMFAO. Stephen Colbert on Capitol Hill.

November 03, 2010 09:47PM
like a record player.

...a 2 to 4 (sometimes 8) year-long track...

playing over... and over.... and over....

(laughable how unobvious it is really)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 09:47PM by dela.
November 09, 2010 08:16AM
Yeah, man. Ridiculous.

"I'm so angry from all of the change that comes from every branch of government being in control by the same party! RAGE!!!! Let's give control to the other party! RARRRRR!!!"

(1.5 years later.. REPEAT.)

People are so freaking reactionary and short sighted. I'm not only sick of the ridiculously transparent and ineffective game of back and forth... But I am also really sick of people making excuses for policies, decisions, and behaviors when "their guy" or party are in office. I know so many democrats (or people who just voted Obama, or generally democrat, or even independents who voted for O) who use the same lines of "logic" to rationalize our overseas aggression and bombing / killing of brown people ("terrorists"winking smiley that George W Bush used. It's pathetic. Now all of that shit is justified by "the other side".

Way to have absolutely no philosophical backbone / foundation, or longterm perspective in regards to how our system actually works and functions.

/endrant
November 09, 2010 10:09AM
lol.

it was both funny and frustrating watching facebook light up like an angry jack-o-latern last week. my first reactions were, "why all the shock and awe?" ha! "how were you NOT expecting this to happen?". "haven't you gazed at the tides of american politics before?". (i could've bottled the shit up back in 2004 and opened it again last week to hear the same sentiment).

then i thought it was funny that the same fringe (ie. swayable) people who were being praised as "smart" "intelligent" voters in 2008 were now being called the biggest idiots this planet has ever fostered.

then that reiterated my understanding of exactly what you write about above. it's like being on the deck of a never-focking-ending ship at high sea. back... n forth... back n forth....

STAGNANCE.

wake up o enraged people. it's not "dumb voters" or "tea baggers" you should be angry with. this is a much bigger picture than that. there is no blue vs red in this country. only purple.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 10:11AM by dela.
Re: Hey Dela.
November 09, 2010 12:19PM
Feingold was pretty cool. Politics suck but he was someone you could count on. That was the biggest upsetting thing about the vote last week.
November 09, 2010 12:27PM
yes, screendoor, but the point is that this perpetual "lesser of TWO evils" game is a much bigger and much more impactful issue to this country/state's true direction.

do you ever wonder why america is so culturally and politically non-progressive and behind the times?

eg. because, for example, we had the choice between an 18 year seated democrat who we "could we count on" VS. the exact oppcosite of exactly that.

STAGNANCE ONCE AGAIN. the ball has simply and only momentarily changed courts... in the same damn arena this game has been played in for generation after generation.

^^not only was last week's outcome predictable to anybody who follows politics (even a little bit) but it also reemphasizes the REAL issue with NON-CHANGE in this country.

no offense but having feingold OR this new douchebag in there now really doesn't exude anything different to someone like me.

so frustrating.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 12:47PM by dela.
Re: Hey Dela.
November 09, 2010 03:20PM
what you state is the obvious

Feingold was the only politician I had any type of respect for though. He actually stood up to the politics as usual - co-authored bills for finance reform and campaign spending. Stood up to the patriot act - the only nay vote.

Just saying that with Feingold, I felt some comfort in some of my views being represented fairly in congress. And Feingold being snubbed out is just the final nail in the coffin. There won't be another like him elected in my lifetime. That just makes it sting.

Politics have not changed since I started paying attention in my 7th grade social studies class and nothing will change, in my lifetime. Period. US politics will forever be stagnant - flipping and flopping back and forth to the red/blue which is the same corporate interests veiled slightly different.

Revolution is no longer possible. Corporations own the airwaves, the government and the military.

You can't expect a revolution when people dont even get out to vote -- or read into and about issues to form their own opinions for that matter.

Nihilism is where it's at.
November 09, 2010 03:28PM
screendoor
Politics have not changed since I started paying attention in my 7th grade social studies class and nothing will change, in my lifetime. Period. US politics will forever be stagnant - flipping and flopping back and forth to the red/blue which is the same corporate interests veiled slightly different.

i disagree.

i think there is HOPE. <--and no, not just a marketing campaign slogan used to get more votes.

real hope. and i DO think it's coming in our lifetime. mark my words. how fast, is the question.

in fact, IMO if anyone thinks that the majority our generation (and younger) TRULY sees eye to eye with the current mindset and motivations of the democratic and republican parties in this country i think they need to really think harder. with previous generations i do not think that can be said.

and its not only the electoral process that allows this to happen... its not just coporate lobbyists... or red.. or blue... its actually educated voters who give in to the process as well.

thats why i rant.

it's pathetic to me going to the ballot box and realizing what i am actually doing. the word 'boobs' always comes to mind. (the old saggy kind).

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 06:52PM by projekt.
December 01, 2010 02:22PM
Well imo the Government we see is not the ones in control they are all puppets for the public eye. And yes I am big into conspiracy theories such as Illuminati, Luciferions, Haarp, Bilderberg Group, ect. But what I find most shocking is how many people don't have a clue about what is really going on and never heard of any of these groups or projects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 02:27PM by Rock Audio.
July 08, 2011 02:10PM
"Illuminati" = Thread Killer? ^^^

Hey Dela,

Stop changing your name for your band page on Facebook. Indecisive much? lol
July 08, 2011 02:13PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

I've been giving him shit about this for the past couple of days too..

---------------

July 08, 2011 02:40PM
Ha. I dont know whats more retarded... Me for being so indecisive... Or Facebook for finding it necessary to notify you of this meaningless crap.

All good though. I think I found a wiener.

August 08, 2011 08:16AM
Political note: I don't live in their district, but I'm sick of both of these bitches. Alberta Darling and Sandy Paasch FTL. Get off my newsprint / TVs / radio / internet, please. Can we get back to the regular scheduled boobs in commercials soon?

Also.... Your average person who is blaming the S&P Credit rating reduction purely on the 'Tea Party' or the 'Democrats = fucking laughable. Pull your head out of your goddamn ass.

Kthxbai.
August 08, 2011 03:45PM
neyno
Political note: I don't live in their district, but I'm sick of both of these bitches. Alberta Darling and Sandy Paasch FTL. Get off my newsprint / TVs / radio / internet, please. Can we get back to the regular scheduled boobs in commercials soon?

hahaha. i've been saying the same thing. i think my wife is sick of my rants whenever those damn commercials come on.

all i even really hear is 'SANDY PATCH' anyways.

they both need to go. if i hear another 'giving tax breaks to corporations & the rich' -or- 'voted to let dangerous criminals free early' idiotic talking point insulting my intelligence i am going to get out a gun and shoot my TV (granted at my house it'll be a NERF gun, but still).

neyno
Also.... Your average person who is blaming the S&P Credit rating reduction purely on the 'Tea Party' or the 'Democrats = fucking laughable. Pull your head out of your goddamn ass.

another insult to intelligence. i... i... i can't even comment on that one. both of those arguments... tea party or liberal dem's fault. shoot me now. (actually shoot them both right now TBH).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 06:02PM by dela.
August 10, 2011 08:07AM
Local election results: What a waste of time / resources. No turnover of power in the State Senate, and Sandy Paasch failed to win what should have been a walk in the park.

Truckloads of fail ITT.

Something I care about more: [www.mixmag.net]

Also.... On that topic.... Appears to me the peasants all over the world are tired of being treated like rats by those who deem themselves more worthy of the world's resources. Interesting.
August 15, 2011 11:53AM
Ron Paul wins polls after GOP Fox News Debate. Ron Paul is less than 1% behind Michelle Bachmann in the Straw Poll in Iowa over the weekend. The media ignores it, talks about 1st and 3rd place exclusively. Typical shenanigans.

[lewrockwell.com]

2012 elections: I'm voting for PEACE or not voting at all. Sick of this shit.

That is all.
August 16, 2011 09:21AM
Jon Stewart on the Ron Paul media blackout mentioned above.

Jon Stewart: Why Is Everyone Still Ignorning Ron Paul?
August 16, 2011 10:44AM
neyno
2012 elections: I'm voting for PEACE or not voting at all. Sick of this shit.

watching who the republicans have rising to the top has been a pathetic experience to witness (aside from ron paul of course... but as you point out, who's even highlighting that?). i mean, even as to blatantly flat out say that going back to some of those deregulatory policies is a great idea to fix our fiscal shitstorm?? really? baaaaaaaandaaaaaaaids. 2012 is going to be extra painful for me. much worse than '08 for sure.

come 2012 do i vote for another no-party no-name that nobody has even heard of or do i just not vote at all (like you suggest). it would be a first, however at the moment i am leaning towards the latter (i've always despised the antithesis voting culture americans have come to adopt... the "vote-against' culture... it does nothing for us but promote perpetual baggage)... so i just because i fear that obama has no clue how to get us out of this mess as quick as he needs to, i can't just vote for the popular GOP boob. total fucking suckdom over there.

PS. (semi-related) caught another hilarious incident this weekend where just because i can be outspoken against the wave of popular democratic rhetoric that is emotionally sweeping politics 'round hur , that somehow i am a tea party republican or something. so funny what washing of the brains our outdated system has done to most people's minds in this country. a shame really. people need to look deeper.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 11:21AM by dela.
August 16, 2011 06:41PM
i mean seriously... why is this chick so dumb?

[www.businessinsider.com]

...and leading the GOP polls?

August 19, 2011 08:08AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login