12.16.2010// Magda + Marc Houle + Dela // Milwaukee
November 11, 2010 11:03PM

THURSDAY - DECEMBER 16th, 2010 - WHISKEY BAR, MILWAUKEE

.MAGDA | minus . berlin
With the release of her solo STOP EP on Minus, Magda can finally afford to take stock of a whirlwind few years that have seen the insatiable demand for her very special blend of house and techno carry her the length and breadth of the globe.

Currently residing in Berlin, a relative stone’s throw from her home town of Zywiec in Poland considering the nomadic existence of her childhood, she seems to have finally found a city that mirrors her own attitude to life - no restrictions and certainly no compromise. It’s a philosophy that also flows through Magda’s music particularly during her after hour sets. The ability to guide her audience through the dark recesses of contemporary minimalism before delivering them back safely into the light means her name is never far from the lips of discerning clubbers and fellow DJs alike.

It’s easy to see why she’s one of the most exciting prospects to breakthrough in recent years.
Magda makes things happen. Always has done, always will do.
CONNECT | [www.m-nus.com]

.MARC HOULE | minus . berlin
Anyone who caught 2005's Minimize to Maximize tour would agree Marc's music is equally impressive live, as it's this medium that allows the human element behind his machinist persona to really break through. Some artists are confined by technology and the sonic boundaries they set themselves, possibly because it was music that introduced them to computers. Marc's journey however, took him in the opposite direction allowing him both the freedom and control to lose himself and his appreciative audience in a labyrinth of sound - constantly improvising, always innovating - before triumphantly emerging intact.

So how does he actually define his sound, considering the broad spectrum from which he draws inspiration? Marc of course replies in equation form: Detroit + New Wave + Kraftwerk + Commodore + Iron Maiden (!) before descending into a passionate debate with Troy about the qualities of Maiden's melodic structures. It's an unexpected turn to the conversation, delivered with typical deadpan humour. Nevertheless it goes a long way to prove that behind the elegant sonic structures Marc Houle creates those robot grooves with their clean edges and perfect angles - there is still space for a little madness in his method.
CONNECT | [www.m-nus.com]

along with special guest...

.DELA | mindshake . projekt mke
Having been intrinsic in EDM culture since the early-nineties Dela's deep-rooted passion for music has always been in constant forward-motion. Early appreciations for the sounds and influences of Detroit, Chicago, and Berlin have paved a way for a continual focus on innovation and musical progression. This developing artistic sense has only been matched by his personal determination to grow hand-in-hand with the music itself.

Today, as Paco Osuna's Label Partner for Mindshake Records (based in Barcelona, Spain), Dela finds his passions immersed in the cutting-edge of the world's top house and techno arenas. His efforts as GM for Projekt International play an integral role in music marketing and management for some of the most renowned and up-and-coming labels, artists, and events in the industry. However it is his affiliations with the North American-based Projekt MKE collective where Dela is able to express these passions artistically. His signature blends of contemporary house and techno have graced dancefloors at such legendary venues as Chicago's Smartbar and at major endeavors like Minus' 2009 Bus Tour.

His sets will undoubtedly suit their playing fields - spanning anything from deep and sexy avant house music to the jack and bounce of peak hour tech-house or techno. A keen sense for aesthetics and an ability to adapt are what make Dela who he is to this music. Always aware. Always looking forward. And most importantly... always giving back.
CONNECT | [www.mindshakerecords.com] . [projektintl.com]

Edited 28 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 09:04PM by dela.
avatar Re: .::12.16.2010::magda+marc houle::whiskey bar::milwaukee::downtown::.
November 12, 2010 02:11PM
Looks like a solid night, not sure about the venue but I'll roll with it
Re: .::12.16.2010::magda+marc houle::whiskey bar::milwaukee::downtown::.
November 13, 2010 11:42PM
Have no fear - Whiskey Bar is a dope spot for this! Have I ever let ya down Nephew:-)
avatar Re: .::12.16.2010::magda+marc houle::whiskey bar::milwaukee::downtown::.
November 14, 2010 10:41AM
yeah when my wife went to whiskey bar with some work friends not long ago she kept talking about how awesome a spot it would be for a show and i trust her on that.. can't wait to check it out with some good tunes to boot! glad this all worked out!

---------------

Re: 12.16.2010// Magda + Marc Houle + Dela // Milwaukee
December 13, 2010 11:49AM
can not wait for this
December 13, 2010 12:41PM
I needed a restful weekend to prepare for this...

This is just the start of an action packed weekend for me, but a what a way to start!!!
December 13, 2010 08:47PM
I am pumped! Thursday can't come fast enough!
avatar Re: 12.16.2010// Magda + Marc Houle + Dela // Milwaukee
December 13, 2010 10:02PM
yes... really looking forward!

definitely stepping away from my typical deep or jacky tech for this one and whippin out the true minimal.

i be suedmilchin all over that maufucker this thursday. winking smiley

December 13, 2010 10:35PM
AWESOME!
December 14, 2010 12:00PM
Sounds great Brad, good to hear some of your "older" style stuffs. I love the tech jack sound but definitely looking forward to some minimal. What is the cover for this show btw?
December 14, 2010 05:29PM
Just got even better - ENJOY $1.00 OFF REDBULL MIXERS & BOMBS AND MILLER PRODUCTS ALL NIGHT!!!
December 14, 2010 09:19PM
miller is the special?

i'll still be there, but fucking MILLER?!?!?

ps. can't wait.

---------------

December 15, 2010 12:43AM
It is Milwaukee and all smiling smiley Just happy we got something!
December 16, 2010 09:54AM
Tonight!
December 16, 2010 10:42AM
finally! sooooo much waiting!

---------------

December 16, 2010 02:40PM
How much to get in?
December 16, 2010 02:55PM
i hear it's gonna be $30 and there will be no light show, so don't even bother with it.

oh wait..

i think i heard $10 actually (so i can be somewhat helpful and not a total jerk)...

---------------

December 16, 2010 03:57PM
What the phuck? No light show?!?
December 17, 2010 11:51AM
Had an awesome time last night, really enjoyed myself. Showed up later than I would would have liked, but still had a chance to see everyone and hang out, even saw some people who I haven't seen in ages as well!

Well done guys, looking forward to your next event.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login